Today officially marks that last day for summer for us. The calendar doesn't say so, but for school teachers it means back to school! Tomorrow, I go back to school~ it's bitter/sweet. I feel very lucky to get all this time, however going back isn't ever easy!
About 2 weeks ago, Ryan had a week off. We decided to go on a night trip to Lexington. Lilly loved this place! Outside our cottage door was swings, bars, slides and sand! It was also walking distance to the beach (lake Huron). We had a great trip, but have decided that while Lilly is still learning to stay in a big girl bed, we'll stay close to home. The week Ryan was off, we ventured to many parks, took bike rides, ate ice cream, and did lots of playing! Ryan and I also spent time together at night trying to keep our eyes open while watching DVR'd shows.
Lilly Lately: Lilly says many things that we do. She loves to put honey at the end of her sentences "thanks honey, or can I have a snack honey". She's also has been saying "damn it" correctly in sentences. Ryan blames me and of course I blame him! We don't acknowledge it because we know that Lilly will then say it all day long! She's in love with anything princess. I bought her a box of princess books (which she calls her office). She loves the Sleeping Beauty book. She likes to find the bitch (witch) and Sleeping Booty. We purposely ask her to get that book just to hear her say it. I know, we're bad! So, basically it sounds like Lilly has a potty mouth... I assure you, it's not that bad!
Lilly is at a great age! She continues to make us laugh all the time; she loves to joke and be silly. Ryan was just saying today, thank God Lilly is so cute and funny, because she can be such a stinker!
Here's to a great school year!
Love,
Kelli





No comments:
Post a Comment