Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mid-Winter Break

Lilly loves to write and draw on her easel.
Flying with Daddy.

Skyping with Preston (that's a great conversation to listen too, they are too cute when they talk to eachother)



Lilly loves just about anything, she loves to fill boxes, baskets and bags with money, bracelets and whatever else will fit!


Lilly and Whitaker

Here 's a cute story before I write about our days around here. Tonight, I met my sister for dinner. Lilly was in bed (or I thought). I walked by the steps and looked up because I heard her saying "dada", she saw me standing at the bottom and got a huge smile on her face. When I went upstairs to put her back into bed, she started rubbing my face and hands (as if she hasn't seen me in days) and says "Momma I'm so glad to see you. Momma did you miss me?" She melts my heart... but really girlfriend I was only gone for dinner!! As you can see, she's a momma's girl. Our little girl is a crack up! She says really funny things, and is definately listening to everything we say. Today before we left the house she said, "momma are the roads okay, the weather is better?"
This week is mid-winter break for me. It's a break that I look forward to! We (teachers) need it and so do the kids, especailly to disinfect. So many sick kids. So, we began our week at the doctors. Lilly's had a cold for about 10 days now. Then on Monday, she woke up with 2 crusty eyes. Sure enough, eye, nose and ear infection. Our doctor perscribed her medicine, which we were so happy about, however she can't have any dairy and hour before she takes it and after. Now, if you know Lilly, we go through about 2 gallons of milk a week and I'd say she drinks 80% of it. This is definately a tricky task for me!
So, we were hoping that the snow was gone for the winter...boy were we wrong. We've hung out around the house playing dress up, sorting odds and ends, playing on the ipad, and just doing whatever the days brings us.
I love that I get to be home this week with Lilly. Of course, it will go by fast, and I'll be sad. On the positive side, that means we are getting closer to Spring.
Oh, by the way, I'm already planning Lilly's 3rd birthday. Yes, I know, my baby is going to be 3. She just figured out how to make the number 2 on her fingers! And, in a few days, I am going to be 33! How time flies!
By the way, the green dress you see Lilly wearing is one of her favorites. She likes to "dress up"in it. Just incase you were wondering!

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

I love the green dress! Now all she needs is her yellow tutu to complete her outfit, I can't believe how fast time goes- 3 years old?