Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lilly Lately







It's been a while since I've updated you on just Lilly. It dawned on me the other day that I've slacked in that department.
As you know, Lilly is 3 1/2 years old and acts like an old lady some days and a teenager others! She has a funny and silly side and a very serious side too. If you are around her for long enough you'll hear her favorite word...butt cheeks. Just the other day, she tried out shut-up and that didn't go over well in our house. She understands that we don't use body words (thank you Miss Kelly) and we definitely don't tell people to shut up! Aside from her new words, she has an imagination that takes her to far away places. She's dying to fly and really wants to take a rocket to outter space! She invited me, Ryan, Preston and Lanie and she also said she'd take her blankie and Sophie (her stuffed dog). She's very aware of her feelings and how others are feeling. She pointed out to me what my face looks like when I am mad (I had no idea until I started work this year and realized that the "look" I give my 2nd graders is the look I give Lilly). Lilly loves to play dress up, in her kitchen, grocery store (I'm the cashier with a silly English accent), barber shop, color, write and dance! She knows how to write her name without me showing her where her letters need to go and she finally mastered the "y". She's very interested in what words begin with and loves to point out letters in words. We think she's pretty smart!
Lilly goes to Miss Kelly's 3 days a week and to my parents every Wednesday with Preston and Malaina. She is learning something new everyday. We didn't send her to preschool this year, we felt like she was around other children enough and was learning- so why change. We are happy with our decision. Next year, she'll go! Speaking of school, Lilly understands that I am a teacher and that I have students. She loves to come up to my school! But, she especially loves when I get home so we can change in to our "comfy" clothes!
I wish we could stop time, because I am loving this age! I say that about all her milestones, but theres something about 3 that's just so much fun! We are truly thankful for our sweet girl! Life just doens't get any better than this!

No comments: